Saturday, July 2, 2016

Worn Out T-Shirt to Halter Top

There are many tutorials out on the interwebs about turning a regular t-shirt into a halter top. It's easy and quick.

I started with this worn out tshirt that Charles was going to throw out. NOTE: THROW IT OUT? Excuse me, but I bought this for him in Hawaii when we first started dating. Has he no sense of nostalgia? I saved it from the garbage bin and put it in my "projects" box in the sewing room.


I don't remember which tutorial I followed but there are lots of them out there. It's good to use chalk to mark your cut lines. And know that once you cut, this is what the back is going to look like. Yikes.


I needed to put seam up the back to pull that together. (Yes, my dress form wears a slip, don't ask...)



The seam in the back helped make the front hang smoother as well. All set for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment