Sunday, June 16, 2013

Rick-Rack Paddy Wack

There's not much to say about this one -- it was too easy. It's your basic skirt to dress refashion, but in this case, the waist of the skirt wasn't elastic, so I had to open it up a bit to make it fit around my chest.

Here's the skirt as purchased:

$6.99 -- not too bad, it's a good quality Talbots skirt.

One side has a zipper, so I left that partially unzipped, and on this side, I opened the seam to match. This gave me the breathing room I needed.

I tucked in the sides a bit at a angle, otherwise, the top would go straight across -- that would be weird. The only matching material I had for straps was this rick rack so it would have to do for now. Not my favorite, but I wanted to wear this dress right away.

I sewed up those hems around what are now the arm holes and was all set.



I couldn't find my camera so had to settle for an iPod photo. I'll do better next time.
Before and After - easy-peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment