Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Basic T-Shirt Refashion

So, this time I'm starting with a new t-shirt (eeeek, what about the year of nothing new?? I cheated.) But, it was really cute, and the price? About a dollar after discounts and coupons.
$28.00?? I don't think so.
It's a size 3x, which is too big for me, but t-shirts are so easy to take in. I was imagining I could use this as a bathing suit cover-up for my vacation in February (for which I have a pile of refashions waiting.)
To big, but cute print!
Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the taking it in process. Basically, I put it back on the dress form inside out and used pins to outline new seams on each side. Then, I ran that through the sewing machine and done - a better fitting t-shirt. Of course, I cut out the excess material the new seams left me and I wondered if I could do something with that fabric to add a little flair to the shirt.

Adding flair.
 I pinned one of those excess pieces around the existing neckline -- pin it on the inside so it sort of folds over to the outside. Ran that through the sewing machine and done. A cuter t-shirt.


 I might take the sleeves off to make it a tank top. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment