Monday, August 27, 2012

From Indian Tunic Top to Cute Dress

This is my new favorite refashion! The thrift store I've been going to seems to have a good selection of these Indian tunics that women wear over pants. They are usually longer than a regular top and the sides are open from the hem to about the hip. I've done two of these so far. (Pictures of the other one coming "soon".)

I loved this one right away because of the color and because it has gold sequins all over it! This one is pretty straightforward because I liked it so much as is. For now, I'm going to wear it as a dress, but I might cut it even shorter and wear it as a shirt at some point.
I like the neckline- I even like the sleeves.

I love the detail and sequins on this fabric.


The inside of the fabric - I think those sequins were hand-sewn. Nice.

Pinned up those side slits
After that, I just took off about 5 inches from the length, hemmed it up and done. I could use the bottom piece as a sash, but it actually had a nice enough shape that it didn't need it. This pic isn't so great (I actually put this back on after going to the gym - so my hair is gross.)




No comments:

Post a Comment